"Unexpectedly quit" or "crash log" messages.
Things to try...
- Delete the Reunion Preferences folder. Follow these steps...
- Quit Reunion
- Locate the Reunion Preferences folder. It's here:
Home/Library/Preferences/Reunion Preferences. Note: if you're using Mac OS 10.7 or newer, in the Finder, you need to hold down the Option key and choose
- Drag the Reunion Preferences folder to the trash in the Dock
- Empty the trash
- Double-click the Reunion 9 application in your Applications folder and see if the problem persists.
What to send us...
If a crash occurs, it may be helpful for us to see the the crash log and console messages. We would also like to know what you were doing in Reunion just prior to this happening.
- The contents of the crash log will be in the window that appears after a crash. You can copy this text to the clipboard and paste it into an email message to help@LeisterPro.com. If a Crash Log window does not appear after the crash, you can send us your entire "Reunion 9.crash.log" file located here: Home/Library/Logs/CrashReporter folder. Note: if you're using Mac OS 10.7 or newer, in the Finder, you need to hold down the Option key and choose
- To get a console message, launch the Console application (found in your Applications/Utilities folder) and click the button (the broom icon). Then open your family file and attempt to reproduce a problem. After doing so, immediately click into the Console Application window and see if Reunion 9 (or any other software) added some text to the Console window. If so, copy the text of the Console window to the clipboard and paste it into an email message to help@LeisterPro.com.
Again, be sure to let us know what you were doing just prior to the crash/unexpected quit, and whether or not the problem is repeatable.