How do I upgrade a family file from an earlier version of Reunion?
Reunion 8 can upgrade (or convert) version 4, 5, 6, and 7 family files.
Follow these five steps to upgrade your family file:
- Double-click the Reunion 8 icon to start Reunion.
- Click the Upgrade Family File button in the "Select a Family File..." window. (If Reunion is already running, choose File -> Open to see this button.)
- When you click the Upgrade Family File button, a window appears asking if you want to upgrade a Reunion 4 or Reunion 5/6/7 family file. Click the appropriate button.
- The next window asks you to select your OLD Reunion family file. (If necessary, use the Upgrade Family File window to navigate through your folders in order to locate your OLD Reunion family file.) For Reunion 4 family files, you will need to select the entire family file folder -- not the individual files in that folder.
- You'll be asked to name the new, converted family file. Reunion will create a new, version 8 family file and open it for you. Your old family files will not be changed in any way.
For additional information, open Reunion and choose Help -> Upgrading.